Saturday, May 12, 2007


So, Here it goes. . . .

I have been reading my sister-in-laws blog lately, and have been inspired. I love the idea of being able to express myself and keep in touch with freinds and family at the same time. So here begins the Romney family blog. My little family consists of me (Lindsay), my husband Nate, Alexis ( 2 1/2), and Thomas (4 months).
It is to fun to see how my kids personalities are forming. Alexis is a spit fire! She loves to sing, dance, and be the center of attention. She is a typical two year old. She fights for power, and won't take no for an answer. If I say no she will go to everyone in the room until she gets the outcome she wants. She is so headstrong, definately like her daddy. I love everything about her. She is the sunshine in my life. She is so smart, and is very aware of how others are feeling. If I am sad she gives me a hug, rubs my back and says "It's o.k. sweetheart!" She says the funniest things. The other day it was hailing, and Alexis comes running into the bathroom where I was getting ready for the day and yells "Mom it's raining popcorn!" I couldn't stop laughing!
Thomas is my little sweetheart. He is so mellow, and is content with just sitting on mommy's lap. He is so happy. I love the way he looks at me and smiles when I come to get him out of his crib in the morning. I love the way he feels and smells. I love everything about him too. He has been in my life such a short time, but I feel like I have known him forever. He is starting to giggle, which just melts my heart. I can't wait to get to know him better and see and experience each stage as he grows.
It's amazing at how fast my kids grow. My good freind Jamie gave me a childrens book called Let Me Hold You Longer that talks about holding onto to the "lasts" of each stage of your childs life.
" Long ago you came to me, a miracle of firts:
First smiles and teeth and baby steps,
a sunbeam on the burst.
But one day you will move away
and leave me to your past,
and I will be left thinking of
a lifetime of your lasts . . . ."
When I firt read this book I sobbed (though my hormones were still reeling from childbirth!). My kids are growing up so fast. Though I look forward to each stage of their lives, I sometimes wish I could keep them little forever.




2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yeah! I am so glad that finally someone in the family is joining the blogging world. I a excited to get together this summer. Good times are ahead of us. Keep on blogging!

-Becca

p.s. Maybe one of these days when Nate isn't too busy he can design you a customized blog. There are some some neat things you can do to really personalize it. My goal this summer is to learn how to do that. All of the technical web stuff is beyond me.

Sarajane said...

Lindsay,
I am so happy that you have a blog. I found you from Becca. Your kids are darling. I am moving to Utah next week. I am so excited to be moving back. We will have to get together for lunch!
-Sarajane F. Bingham