Thursday, May 31, 2007

I'm a big girl!


The other night I went to feed Tommy and found the poor kid had moved himself to the bottom of his bassinet and was crammed sideways. I felt so bad that in the morning I broke the news to Alexis it was time to move out of the crib and into her big girl bed. She was a little distraught and kept saying "maybe later mommy." I stuck to my guns and made her sleep in her bed that night. Overall it went pretty well. I did have to play lullubys and sit by her door until she fell asleep. She even sleept through the night without falling out or waking up. That was the first night. . . . The next night she cried until she fell asleep, and woke up at 5:30 in the morning and ran into my room and yelled "mommy I'm awake!" That did not go over well! Well, slowly but surely she is becoming acusstomed to her big girl bed, and this morning she even slept until 8:00! I can't believe at how fast she is growing up. My little BoBo (the nickname Nate gave her) isn't so little anymore!

Alexis begrudgingly passes the crib onto Tommy!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good Job Bobo!

Heidi said...

Hey! This is Heidi Gasser, wife if Derek Gasser who served his mission with your husband. I ran across your blog as I was reading other friends that eventually connected to you! What a fun surpise.
We hope you are doing well.
If you don't mind, I am going to put you on my friend list- Derek will like to have updates on Nate and your family!