Monday, July 28, 2008

C is for candy factory!

The other week my sister and I thought we better get going on our ABC project and took the kids to the Sweets Candy factory for a tour. Yes, we are only on the letter c, but you know how it goes-summer gets busy yada, yada! But let me tell you, we had so much fun! I highly recommend going! I took Alexis when she was about eights months, but this time was so much more fun! First of all you get to wear these awesome hair nets that definitely fulfill your lunch lady dreams! Next you get to watch a little video explaining a little at what goes on at the factory. You then get led around the factory and get to see how the candy is made, and if you are lucky you get to taste some of the candy fresh off the conveyor belts. We came on a good day because we got to taste the orange sticks, chocolate covered marshmallow bears, and candy corn flavored taffy! (yes they make the holiday candies like six months in advance!) I have a killer sweet tooth that has been passed on down from my mother to me and then onto Alexis so- WE WERE IN HEAVEN! The air was filled with the smell of chocolate that permeated into our nostrils! It was like watching an episode of the food network's unwrapped, but in person! You end the tour by taking a spin around the candy shop, and naturally spending a fortune on candy because you just can't help yourself! I think we have finally now recovered from our sugar coma!


The lunch lady hats were a huge hit, and caused hours of laughter!


Tommy, Alexis and their cousins Kate and Jack
I just had to show this picture of Alexis the first time I took her!
can you believe how chubby she was?!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun. we might have to try that out. Are you guys game for going again...in a little while, that is. ;)

Dehner Family said...

I always knew you secretly wanted to be a lunch lady. That looked so fun. The hair nets didn't seem to be doing their job though - isn't your hair suppost to be inside the hair net? If their is a long blond hair in my candy corn taffy - at least I'll know where it came from :)

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness, I love that little chubby Alexis photo-It looks like you guys had so much fun-we will definitley have to join you guys next time!

Hilary said...

What a great idea! I've never been to a candy factory before, but I know I'd love it too.

hiatt family said...

What a fun experience for your kids! You are so creative. The baby picture of Alexis is so cute.