Sunday, December 21, 2008

The true meaning of Christmas

This holiday season I was feeling a little overwhelmed, and well a little bit cranky. On top of all the Christmas craziness I just got called to the primary presidency (like a week ago!). Well, the other morning I just happened to pick up the december Ensign and read just about the whole thing before I could put it down. The stories brought tears to my eyes. The overall theme was giving to others and being selfless. It really made me stop and think about the "true meaning" of Christmas. Christ gave us the ultimate gift of service. I got excited to serve those children in the primary! It also made me stop and think that I need to spend more time with my family. So I decided to spend the day doing fun things with my kids, and having a day where we could just relax and feel the Christmas spirit. We listened to Christmas music and decorated gingerbread houses, all the while staying in our pj's. I hope you all kind find the time to serve others as well as spend time with your families, for this is the true meaning of Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS!


As you can see Alexis has already sampled some of the candy!


The finished product. Alexis did the whole design, I just did the frosting!
Tommy kept wanting to pull off the candy and eat it!




9 comments:

Sarajane said...

so fun. now that it is so cold out and Ruby is so little, we have a lot of those days when we stay in our PJ's all day. love it.

Jamie said...

What a cute gingerbread house!

Jamie said...

oh and i love Alexis' boa!

Jess said...

So true! Cute gingerbread houses. Every year I think I need to buy one of those and I haven't yet!

Dehner Family said...

You will love your new calling. I used to be in the primary presidency and loved every minute of it. You're so cute with kids - they are lucky to have you. Love the gingerbread house too. It's obvious Alexis has inherited your creativity.

Tiffany said...

so this is totally off of the subject of your blog, but Kaden and I watch baby signing time like literally 5-6 times a day. Is your little girl on some of the signing times? There is a cute little girl that looks just like yours!

The Steel's said...

Hey, this is Ashley Steel. I am happy to see you have a blog - even though you don't update it much. It is always fun to see more about you guys. Your kids are so cute, I miss seeing little Tommy in nursery. We need to have Alexis come play at our house soon.

The Steel's said...

and I love the boa too, I am glad to see you puts it to use!

Best panini press said...

panini grill cafe
sandwich press reviews
panini grill removable plates
best small panini press
paninis
best sandwich press grill
panini grill reviews
stainless steel grill press