Sunday, June 29, 2008

Quest for the Best!

Today the kids and I made our favorite Sunday treat-COOKIES! I admit I have an adiction to baking cookies. Some people meditate or do yoga to relax-I bake cookies- or brownies or cakes, whatever I'm in the mood for! So today I felt like chocolate chip. I don't have a favorite recipe so I just used the one on the back of the chocolate chips bag. Well I was sorely dissapointed-they came out flat as a pan cake. I have tried several recipes for these glorious cookies and I can't come up with a tried-and-true. You know the cookie that is not too cakey and not too flat-just right. So if all you bakers out there can help a girl out, I would love your favorite recipe! We can even turn it into a competition-the winner gets bragging rights! And I promise I will try them all because cookies are my crack! (just kidding- well maybe not!)

p.s you can leave your recipe on the comment section or email me at bestchocchip@aol.com
the dissapointing result-though they still tasted good, but did not satisfy!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

That is why I love you-you make treats and even share them. Your raisin oatmeal cookies are to die for! I use the Nestle tollhouse recipe. I just use more chocolate chips and I use half semi-sweet and half milk choc. I always make sure there is just the right amount of flour. My friend has a great choc. chip recipe that uses vanilla pudding mix. I'll get it for you-we'll try it. I'm such a nerd for leaving this message, since i'll talk to you tomorrow!

Nick and Kirsten said...

hey - you've had my cookies before...and although i can't take credit for the recipe (it's a good friends) i think i've tried many and its the best i've found. however - as you know, they're not the "healthiest."
what are you doing asking for recipes anyway? you should compile your own cookbook...

Dehner Family said...

I have a chocolate chip cookie recipe we love. I too make cookies for fun all the time and am quite picky. I've tweeked a recipe until it was perfect. I've never given it to anyone, but I will email it to you since I love you so much.
Watch for my email...

hiatt family said...

Hi Lindsay,
My favorite thing to make is chocolate chip cookies! You will have to share the winning recipe so we can try it out
Here is my recipe:
1 3/4 Cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
3/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
6 oz. (1/2) bag milk chocolate chips
1 - 1 1/4 cup quick oats

Mix crisco, sugars, and vanilla together until creamy.
-
beat in eggs until fluffy
-
mix in baking soda, salt and flour.
-
Finally mix in oats and then milk chocolate chips.

Bake at 375 for 8 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.

Enjoy! Have fun making cookies!

Rebecca said...

Oh, I love the chocolate chip cookies that you would always bring to family dinner. I need that recipe! Feel free to share any others that you get from this post...what a great idea!

Gardiner Blogs said...

I am like you! I think I find the perfect one and then after a while it stops working and I move on. My neighbor gave me a new one a couple weeks ago. I will email it.
Amy

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

i am lame and usually just get the pre-made cookie dough from nestle tollhouse. i might have to try a chocolate chip cookie made from scratch. thanks fro the inspiration.

Hilary said...

I'd say go to food network's website and try Alton Brown's recipe for "the chewy." He has two others, "the crispy" and "the cakey" (i think, something like that). The "chewy" is basically the perfect chewy chocolate chip cookie... my favorite food in the world.